Monday, January 21, 2008

My Weakness

Mistake after mistake, disappointment after disappointment and everything seems to be draining me with one thing and one thing only, my weakness.
There are certain things you cannot share and vent to anyone, not because they are pieces of secrets that may cause inevitable damage, because they are simply unspoken words about your untouched fragile core. Those little things that define you and you don't talk about but rather being grasped through years of knowing you. That sacred sphere of emotions, the disguise of weakness that paralyze the brain cells, the things which are kept unwrapped and hidden as natural spontaneous defense tactic.
Taking advantage of your weakness hurts the most when it is being done by those who you care about the most, when you know that no matter what they do, you shall not resent them. If your weak point is that you forgive those who you love no matter what and always find an excuse for whatever action that hurts you which shall be will be written off and forgotten. It just hurts tremendously when they take your forgiveness for granted, when they know the secret reset button in your system.

Every single one has a weak point which shatters all the toughness apart to the point that nothing is held back anymore. I don't detest my weakness, It is my motivation and what defines me, what makes who I am. Many try to hide their weakness by camouflaging the appearances but sooner or later the mask falls down and that shield is penetrated by those who knows you the best and what a magnificent feeling it is to have an oasis for your fears and a well for your emotions where you spell them with the least care of the world. But as life evolves, the scene progresses and the prestige is unfolded for the wrong hands. It's not a matter of mistrust, it's taking advantage of my weakness to serve their benefits. I guess many of us has done it when we were kids and had tried to take advantage of our parents love to stay an extra hour late or to have an extra candy bar. But with grown ups is it inexplicable to keep pressing that hidden button to reach their goals, optimizing their gains and exposing my vulnerability. To persist in cutting my roots and leaving me to wither, to self patch my wounds and lick my pains away, to rebuild what has been ruined by their own doings.

Why do they do it and keep doing it, even when I emphasize on the fact that taking advantage of it shall cause catastrophic results and they will be permanently exterminated from my life. The only explanations that makes sense of repeated hits is that they know that they have their forgiveness in advance, that my flames shall leave my heart aching with the burnt ashes condensing the pain and clotting my heart.



My heart can't simply afford more losses, as each loss dissolves part of it and all I'm left with is a small part that barely holds me back from collapsing and preserving me from turning into a rusty machine. I cannot afford losing the remaining of it. It hurts too much and I can't bear the idea of stepping on my heart and watching it fading away. Nothing will revive the dead parts of me and I shall take a deep look into their eyes screaming WHY? WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME? Haven't you done enough!! Haven't I Given enough?!

I know that my heart is extremely brittle with those I love and my forgiveness is granted. And I shall live with my curse as each pound smashes the heart to the point that a heartbeat is merely for pumping blood into my weak veins.
Just hand me that piece of my heart and set me free. I've lost too much too early and what's remaining is barely enough for the journey to come.

29 comments:

  1. Well said well said my friend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True that one is defined by their weaknesses, but also they are defined by their strength. It takes resisting really resisting just one time and u disolve ur weakness by creating a new strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that :( It sounds like you've been hurt. Time will heal enshallah, slow but always does...

    ReplyDelete
  5. by focusing on ur weakness u'll make it grow, just remember ur strengths and that everybody has a weakness(es) too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well here is what I think!!!
    You are in love with someone who doesn’t love you!!!!
    If you voiced it, and still they are doing the same, they don’t love you!! They love themselves more!!!
    That should be a good sign my dear, high in the sky like a mid day sun, you can’t miss it!!!!
    There is a heart in there, and will always be, with a true love it will reconstruct it self and grow of love
    Your true weakness is that you keep on forgiving,
    Losing such people is not a loss, it’s a true gain!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhhhh
    3ajeeeb ur post ... I had no choice but 2 love it !
    enshalla u r not hurt that bad

    ReplyDelete
  8. What hurts more..having this weakness or people taking advantage of the weakness?

    The way I see it is that rare qualities are being considered now a days as weaknesses..but they are scarce valuable attributes to a human being that some people unfortunately do not have..and wish to have..

    Like kindness..you may portray it as a weakness..or a strength..

    In my opinion, you have two options:

    1. change
    2. if your weakness is something you value..endure it and bear its misgivings..until it will come around and start giving you..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wonder how one can write this passage if he/she was the 'other'.. the feelings, the reasons, the justifications for these actions... !?!?! The 'why' isn't just a simple answer to be given to calm a tortured soul... I would think that it would have more depth in answering...
    Mistakes.. Heartbreaks.. Losses.. never take a piece of our heart with them.. our heart never disolves.. never leaves us weaker.. but rather stronger.. apt to face the next problem with a stronger being...
    We never lose love.. When we fall inlove... when we love a person.. when we care about em... this LOVE is ours when they're around.. and its OURS when they're gone..

    ReplyDelete
  10. >> FourMe:

    Thank you.

    >> Z.:

    Funny how I see it, it is a weakness as others might interpret it while I see it as an empowering feature of mine, the strength to forgive and forget is greater than any other force.

    I’m not resisting the way I am as it’s the way it makes sense to me.

    So in a way you are correct.

    >> Sushi:

    I’ve been hurting and it wasn’t a shock that they had managed to do it all over again, it’s more related to the fact that they’ve been warned as it’s getting too far and still nothing seems to be stopping them.

    I've gone far enough to the limit finding excuses for such actions but it’s just too much for me to handle.

    >> Hammooddee:

    As I mentioned to Z., I’m not complaining about my so-called weakness as I don’t see it as a weakness.

    It's the abusing and taking it for granted all the time that haunts me. The anguish of the selfishness of taking me for granted while hurting me and the pain that shall reside my heart to cut myself loose and dreading the circumstances.

    I'm embracing my weakness as my strength.

    >> Someday:

    But when those people who shred your heart apart are those who you can’t just cut them off and walk away seeking peace, like family members then it's not the same.

    It’s a lose-lose case in this scenario.

    >> Cat:

    I think I’ve passed the painful part but the fear is that I might grow cold hearted and desert them for good. That what's killing me even more.

    >> Grey Shorts:

    I wish it wasn’t the case, human bondage with emotional chains.

    >> Hope:

    “I sense that you read my posts”

    It’s the second option that I’ve always been and always will be heading to.

    >> Kamiliya:

    Indeed, love is ours at anytime and under any circumstances.

    The loss of heart is actually the loss of energy to fuel the heart, the emptiness of the heart when each part of it is being labeled as a casualty.

    Somehow, I’ve mislead readers into conceiving the post about selfish love when it is more related to friends or family members.

    My love was the one who always knew how to heal my wounds and stop the bleeding, who knew how mend a broken heart and never make the heart feels less complete.

    ReplyDelete
  11. u said it forgive and forget, have u forgotten?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am really sorry to hear that...looks like we are in the same shoes...

    I cant say you will get better soon cuz its easy to say and hard to go through it! but all I can say is hope your wounds heel soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk! I know this saying is nowhere near the vocab. And the tone of voice ur using in this particular post, but it did come to mind and I shall explain;)

    Since ur aware of ur weakness, why don’t u tackle it head on? Its one thing to have ur weakness as ur source of motivation, the trait that defines u.. but it’s a whole different thing to have sum1 take advantage of it. That shud be urz, and only urz to deal with in the way u desire.

    Wht I understand from ur post, is that ur fed up with it but cant do anything about it. And so I say, heading back to the previous quote, ppl don’t take advantage of ur inner emotions unless u let them. And they wont come back for more, unless u clearly leave them with no obstacles whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Comment for the post "Happy Birthday My Love": U made my heart ache. Y are you insisting on doing this to urself? Plz explain it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My comment for this post it:

    ..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Comments on your new post!

    thats really depressing! I hope your wounds heal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know why I'm all teary. This is one of the most touching posts I've ever read. You touche'd me hon.

    *huggles you close*

    I'm keeping you in my prayers!

    On a happier note, was that you wishing me happy bday on the post after this? :)

    Mwah,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry you've gone through that, but I'm sure there's something really great out there for you and far better :) Let go of those past agendas to make room for something you deserve.

    May God grant you your heart's desire and what's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your writing.. but i find it hard to read with the black back ground :/

    ReplyDelete
  20. As i read your posts, Touche, I find myself wondering if anyone who knows you truly knows your heart? I wonder if this blog doesn't serve as the one place where you are truly free to express what you are feeling?

    Those around you who seem so callous and so willing to take advantage of you are most likely just oblivious. My bet is that you look pretty together on the outside, and that those who don't look too deeply have no idea how much you are suffering, and how they are contributing to your suffering.

    I know you are not going to believe this, but you are going to live through this suffering, and life will one day again regain color, and even joy. You have such a capacity for joy; you will one day feel joy again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you habibi/bti for the birthday wishes, will tell you all abhout it later :x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I find myself too speechless to comment; I see myself in not one, not two, but several instances you mentioned.

    Heartbreaking, powerful, raw; lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  23. sorry to break this flow, yet again, but who sings: sot isahara?

    ReplyDelete
  24. >> Flamingoliya:

    Glad that you liked it.

    I’ll work on changing the fonts color to something readable (if possible).

    >> Intl Xpat:

    Isn’t what’s this blog all about. You grow older and barely have the time to social and make new friends specially when you are too picky and your friends are those who have been your close circle for the last decade.

    Those words are unloading my system when I don’t feel like venting to others about how I feel except for the usual work and social ranting which doesn’t even scratch the surface of what’s going on inside me. Actually when I think about it, I think it's been years since I had vented to someone about my inner feelings except for one friend who's always been there for me. Hell some of my best friends don't even know the whirlwind I'm being sucked into and everything seems fine to them. I bet they got to the idea that I only vent when I choose to ope up and not by answering their worries.

    I do love my life with all its ups and downs and I know there are certain moments when things are actually brighter than they look.

    >> Rhombus Tigress:

    amazing how many happens to share that birthday date!! Happy birthday.

    Don’t worry, you didn’t break the flow :)

    >> ManUtdFanatic:

    Sorry for your agony, it’s just part of living, got to accept the facts or at least adjust to them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. that is so toucheeee ... i totaly agree with what u said ,,
    P.S: try to pretend that u r mad of that person ( just in front of him/her) for longer than u used 2,, and then forgive .. the idea is to send msg thats its not ok 2 hurtu, its not ok to take u for granted :))))
    BTW, i like people who forgive, they r rare in thin world and have pure heart :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. >> Feelings Talk:

    I’ve done that before and been trying all sorts of periods, and it ends up the same way every single time.

    This time, I’ve distanced myself trying to let them know how it feels when I’m really gone.

    The troubling annoying thing is that I don’t want to get used to it and start growing a stoned heart inside of me which has showed its symptoms when I look deep inside my heart. Maybe I’ve given up on them or maybe the pain of being cutting them loose is lesser than provoking the same wound over and over.

    It's restless either way.

    ReplyDelete
  27. most touching post i've evr read...i kno it really hurt if u luv somone...bt in return u get nthin bt pain n heartache...all u hav is soaring hopes..
    fr u i only wnt to say
    "Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again."

    TAKECARE!

    ReplyDelete
  28. >> Madamoiselle:

    Thank you for your kind words.

    An inspiring quote

    ReplyDelete

If you insist